I was tagged by Carolyn at 18thC French Cuisine with this kitchen invitation meme in October and forgot about it until I was reading through her wonderful site today. Sorry Carolyn, better late than never I guess. :-0
I guess this is kind of like the food bloggers version of MTV cribs, so come on into my humble kitchen. Here is the view of most of the kitchen, nothing fancy, just well organized and clean. We have a pot rack over the fridge to utilize that space:
This is my main work station for cutting, prepping etc., right next to the stove of course. Also my favorite kitchen tools, good sharp knives, I’m also very fond of my hand held immersion blender (not pictured). I installed a large fluorescent light underneath the counter, I go crazy working in a kitchen with no light:
My pantry cupboard with all of my little bottles and jars of this and that, I love collecting spices and such:
Finally, my favorite ingredient. My Andouille Sausage, this one is from the batch I made awhile back. I make a large batch then vacuum seal it and freeze for later use:
I would like to tag my friend Bill Moran at Texas Chef to carry on this meme with the following rules:
1) Show us your kitchen (a picture) and tell us what is it about this place that reflects your own personality.
2) Open a cupboard (the one you feel to open), take a picture and tell us what we see.
3) Present us your favorite kitchen-based electrodomestic tool.
4) Take out the ingredients you like the most, the ones you always keep stored.
5) Present us to your favorite cooking/baking receipient.
I also owe B’Gina from Stalking the Waiter a meme as well, I will do that one next.by
2 thoughts on “Kitchen Invitation Meme”
Very cool! I’m going to put some fluorescent lights under my cabinet I think. I don’t know why I never thought of that.
Yeah Laurie, I think it was about $29 tops, and worth it’s weight in gold when I’m cooking.